The Town of Baie-D’Urfé, located in Montreal’s West Island, is bordered by Lake Saint-Louis and distinguishes itself by its numerous parks and green spaces. This small Town with great character, renowned for its beautiful homes surrounded by vast properties, charms all those fortunate enough to visit.
This mainly residential, country-style town, is home to 4000 residents and offers an enchanting setting to all those who wish to reconcile the proximity of the City with the fresh country air.
The Town’s name harks back to missionary Sulpicien François-Saturnin Lascaris d’Urfé, son of the Marquis d’Urfé and member of a longstanding French family, who was also the first pastor of the small mission Saint-Louis-du-Bout-de-l’Île.
The coat of arms of the Town is inspired by those of François-Saturnin Lascaris d'Urfe (1641-1701), the family of Urfé, after which the Town was named.
The central coat of arms represents the coat of arms of this family, as engraved on the base of its chalice preserved in the museum of Notre-Dame church. The crown that surmounts it is that of François d'Urfe, Marquis de Beauzé. The crown of thorns recalls the religious affiliation of d'Urfe with the Sulpicians.
The heraldic colors correspond to the following meanings: